DH's family doesn't know about the pregnancy yet. (Yeah...I peed on a digital stick at DH's request...still preggo...PHEW) We want to tell his parents first...with a puzzle ("we've found our missing piece..."). But there we were at a BBQ at his Granny's pool. Cousins, Aunts, Uncles, siblings...everyone's there.
Including some uninvited guests.
MOSQUITOS.
So everyone is spraying OFF! all over their bodies...everyone but me. The mosquitos weren't getting me and I kept telling everyone that...and I said that I didn't want to get all sticky. As the evening progressed I thought I was safe.
Until, I was lounging on one of the chairs next to DH's uncle...who grabbed the OFF! and started spraying my feet a million times. I didn't want his family to find out this way...so I quite calmly sat there and told him AGAIN that I didn't want any. DH's mother (who I KNOW has figured out I'm pregnant...she keeps slipping in little sneaky comments..."Oh...you know you can't eat tuna fish when you're pregnant...right??") says to the uncle "Give me that bottle!" She tries to read it and can't because she doesn't have her glasses...she hands me the bottle and says "See if this has DEET in it." I nonchalontly say "Oh is that bad?" and she just as nonchalontly says "Oh I don't like it...its not good for SOME people"
Lol...we need to tell that lady already.
So I read the bottle (which TRULY I didn't think would have DEET in it...it was the family kind and if its not good for fetuses I figured it wouldn't be good for little kids!) and it said DEET 5%.
I shot out of my seat...mumbling something about needing to go to the bathroom....and scrubbed my feet so good in the sink...I was nervous!!!!! I went over to DH and told him we'd better make an announcement soon or someone is going to unintentionally hurt our baby!!!!!
DH went over to the uncle and said "No more bug spray okay?".
That was it.
So now the uncle thinks I "tattled" on him...and felt like I needed DH to tell him to bug off (BUG OFF HAHAHHAHA...sorry) *wink* The uncle was a little shocked and looked at me and said "So you really don't like this stuff huh?" And I answered really lamely "Oh yeah...it makes me all sticky and the mosquitos really aren't biting me."
End of story. Hopefully Baby W. is still in there...goin' strong after that little incident. Good grief.
Symptoms: Bbs major hurting...just like with the HCg shot...every time the bra comes off...yow-zah! Still some major cramping at times...but if I rest or eat usually I feel better. Definintely tired and definitely eating every two hours or so...just had a bowl of cheer.ios...before bed...not good. :o)
ttc-wildride
13 years ago





2 comments:
No worries! My OB says all bug spray is fine unless you are bathing in it or drinking it. In fact, she recommends using it whenever the bugs are bad. I always shower when I get home, but I figure it is better than getting West Nile. It does not enter your blood stream...breathe!!!
Outted by OFF! :) Have you told your parents yet?
Post a Comment