Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, August 8, 2009

Bring it.


I'm ready for...whatever nature brings me!!!!! :o)

(Okay okay...pregnancy would definitely be a GOD thing!!! Kindof a miracle...but you get my drift)
They only had one of each type of pregnancy test left at the store...so I got one of each! I chose this store because it has the self checkout...and I was a bit embarrassed to buy all these tests at once!!

I got a little basket, bought a few other random things so it wasn't the only thing I was buying and headed to checkout. I quickly scanned my items and pressed the "Finish and Pay" button. A loud computerized voice said "COUPON NOT VALID".
HUH??? WHAT COUPON??? SHUTEE AND LET ME PAY!!!

I tried again.
"COUPON NOT VALID PLEASE ASK FOR ASSISTANCE."

Cue face turning pink.
The GUY who was working there came over, started fiddling with the machine, started highlighting items I bought so that PREGNANCY TEST was in super large letters across the screen. Great.

The couple behind me figured I was taking too long so they scooted past me to stand behind another checkout station...as they were walking past I heard the girl say to her guy in a sweet whiny voice "I wanna baby honey...I really want a baby..."

Oh boy.
Finally the clerk asked me to gather my items and head over to HIS cash register so he could ring me up again. Thankfully he got one of his superiors and SHE rang me up. My face was so red...not sure why...I get embarrassed buying tampons and other female stuff...and this is something that I really WANT to happen...but I guess it was just that I bought all these different brands. One box would suffice for a normal person I'm sure.

What an adventure! Phew. So I can't tell you that I haven't POAS yet...cuz I have. But I POAS on a dollar store test and I'm wondering if those just aren't strong enough (and its still a bit early)...so I brought out the big guns!!! We shall see. I think I may wait for a few more days before I do POAS again....seeing that negative yesterday was...heartwrenching. Just another negative test to add to the pile. Boo.
Here are some things one could do during their TWW....Paint some pottery!! This is to hold my paper clips on my desk!!

Eat really big pizza...that's a LOT of toppings...yeah me, miss picky eater had pepperoni...yum!! Didn't take a picture of mine though...it wasn't too exciting... :o)


5 comments:

ashley said...

What a grocery store story. It always works out that way when you're trying to be discreet. Hope you get your two pink lines soon!!!

Kelli said...

That pic is too funny...the story of our lives. Here's hoping you don't need the bottom box! ;)

Just Believing said...

defintley thinking of you and waiting to hear about you seeing those 2 pink lines :)

Anonymous said...

Yikes, that's what I always fear will happen when I'm guying something like that. Ha! And I don't think those dollar store tests are that great - especially if you're testing super early. I would wait and then try the early response...keeping you in my thoughts and prayer!

Paxton said...

Hey there I have just stumbled across your blog and loved the grocery store saga you poor thing. I have lots of good vibes coming your way and I am eagarly awaiting your results. Good luck
Love Paxton
http://paxton-secondtimearound.blogspot.com/