I thought I was so relaxed...feelin' good...so happy about being "pregnant"...and just today...
I'm nervous.
My heart is pounding...I'm feeling anxious sitting around the house...are they implanting??? Are they not?????? Will this be another negative??? Will I ever be pregnant????
Good grief.
I really want to take a bubble bath...complete with candles and relaxing music...but can I take baths now? I was under the impression I couldn't. I'm really beginning to think this whole summer IVF wasn't such a good idea...too much time for the mind to wander...I need something else to focus on!
We were invited to DH's grandparent's farm for the weekend (we would leave today) and I was all ready to go. Dh's sister is in town from OK and I thought it'd be great to go with his family to the farm, relax and get my mind off of what is or isn't happening to my body.
Now generally speaking, I do not enjoy going to the farm. For several reasons.
a) Bugs (mostly ladybugs...which are harmless, but when they're in the shower under the soap and between the sheets...it freaks me out a bit...I feel like I'm going to swallow one in my sleep.)
b) I'm not really an "outdoorsy" kind of gal (I'm not sure how my husband and I ever clicked...he is a hunting, fishing guy) and there's not much to do but fish and hike (which I enjoy...but the bug situation...mainly the TICKS...ugh)
c) I'm a picky eater and they have stew all the time...lots of stew. I can't smile when I don't like something...so I hide behind my napkin.
This time however...I was READY to go to the farm...usually DH has to beg me to go! Just a change of scenery would be great. But DH doesn't want to go. (???????) He doesn't want to take the three hour drive...he just wants to relax at our house.
That's what I've been doing for WEEKS NOW!!!!!!! I'm getting a little stir crazy!!!!!!!!!
So I guess our big plan for this weekend is to see the new GI Joe movie. Maybe I'll try to throw a pedicure in there somewhere. That would be relaxing!
Man...being PUPO is harder than I thought!
ttc-wildride
13 years ago





11 comments:
Hang in there girl every day you are one step closer to seeing 2 lines and a great beta!
I'm sure you've realized by now that this (almost) TWW is the most angonizing, long, nerve-wracking yet. Hang in there though- at least you don't have to wait an entire 14 days post ET, right? I say go into your classroom and use that to keep busy. Then, when you are feeling exhausted in your first couple of PG weeks, you can take it easy. :) I'm KMFC for you!
You're almost there girlie! My mind is already in school mode...I've been Googling ideas for the new year and making to do lists. Hope the rest of the 2ww goes quickly for you!!
Don't get discouraged. I hope and pray this round works for you. Keep your chin up and keep praying.
UGH on the ladybugs. We went to Gatlinburg this year for New Years with Kingman's parents...and the charming cabin was complete with an infestation of ladybugs...I thought I was going to swollow one in my sleep too. Or end up with one in my ear and end up going to the ER for removal. LOL!!
I can't imagine what a 2ww would do to me. I would have to have a good diversion...do you like to read?!? Totally can lose yourself in the Outlander series by Diana Galbadon....The last 2 weeks have flown by for me...I just read and BLAMMY 2 weeks have passed. :) I still have dirty house, clothes need to be ironed, floors need to be mopped...but I have read 1000 pages. LOL!
Definitely get a pedi! And I would recommend skipping the bath but that is just based on the fact that my RE told me not to go in a swimming pool until after the first trimester. Hang in there and let me know how the GI Joe movie is.
Definitely get a pedi! And I would recommend skipping the bath but that is just based on the fact that my RE told me not to go in a swimming pool until after the first trimester. Hang in there and let me know how the GI Joe movie is.
Two week waits are the worst! I really needed distractions during my 2ww. The trip to the farm is likely a wonderful distraction for you. I hope it works, even if it is not perfect.
I would not worry about the bath. I took baths during my post ivf 2ww.
Hang in there! I hope it passes quickly!
NO BATH! Pedi sounds perfect though! Enjoy the movie this weekend!
a pedi definitely sounds good! and maybe meet a girlfriend for lunch or a girly movie! I've done that ALOT this summer! We saw "The Proposal" and "The Ugly Truth" this summer on our girl hang out days. :)
I also joined a bookclub. We're reading "TheTime Traveler'sWife" We're hoping to finish it before the movie comes out...I'm a bit behind!
When do you start back to school? Have a relaxing weekend!!!
PS meant to tell you that I personally wouldn't do a bath. With the punctures healing from the ER, and possible micro fissures from the ET. Better safe than sorry I say!!! DEFINATELY go get you pedi though. That would a great relaxation choice.
Post a Comment